12 months Climate Positive
Last month was an exciting month at Hygenie, as we celebrated being Climate Positive for 12 months by being a member of Ecologi!
Climate Positive means going a step further than Carbon Neutral, by saving MORE greenhouse gas emissions than you are generating.
Over the last 12 months we have helped with 113.28 tonnes of carbon reduction! To put that into perspective…
- that’s 87 long-haul flights,
- or 340 metres squared of sea ice saved,
- or 281,048 miles driven in a car
Since we became a member of Ecologi we are proud to have planted 1,540 trees and helped fund 18 different projects.
Some of the most recent projects we have helped to fund include:
- A wind power project in Thailand – This project will avoid 131,883 tCO2e (tonnes of carbon dioxide equivalent) from entering our atmosphere each year of its operation, which equates to a total of 1,318,830 tCO2e over 10 years!
- Protecting the Tambopata-Bahuaja Biodiversity Reserve in Peru – This project will prevent over 5,493,000 tonnes of CO2e emissions over its 20 year lifespan.
- Generating electricity from landfill gas in Brazil – This project is expected to produce 354,968MWh of energy during its lifetime.
- High efficiency cookstoves in Tanzania – This project will mean more than 4 tonnes of woody biomass are saved each year.
Ecologi use membership money (from us and other businesses), to support a broad range of projects that are able to evidence a reduction or avoidance of greenhouse gas emissions.
Each month Ecologi support a range of carbon avoidance projects that are certified at the very highest level by Gold Standard or the Verified Carbon Standard.
We are extremely proud to be a member of this great organisation – and to be helping the process of reducing our carbon footprint and restoring nature. Find out more about becoming a part of Ecologi.